Wirecard is one of the fastest growing digital platforms in the field of financial commerce - worldwide. They offer both business customers and consumers innovative value-added services related to digital payments: online, mobile and at the point of sale.
We supported Wirecard to migrate their applications from one of their country branches to the munich datacenter.
This included the following tasks:
- Migration of monitoring from Zabbix to Check_MK
- Application migration from active-passive to active-active cluster
- Review and refactoring of puppet modules
We supported a division with the migration of their puppet modules from puppet 2 to puppet 3.
- Creating a migration plan with the team, identifying the migration order and application clusters
- Refactoring of existing modules into a simplified roles/profiles setup
- Executing the migration application by application, verifying functionality after the migration
We supported a division with the refactoring and cleanup of the monitoring system.
- Identify stale, faulty or otherwise problematic checks
- Define improved alert handling workflow and support team intoducing and sticking to it
- Develop comparison and documentation generation tooling
- Migrate existing checks to corporate documentation and management solution
- Implement new checks, fix existing checks
- Add health-checks to existing applications
Puppet 6 (Cloud)
We supported a division with the development and implementation of a masterless puppet 6 workflow.
- Define and implement a cloud ready puppet 6 masterless workflow
- Migrate puppet 3 modules to puppet 6
- Implement rspec testing
- Integrate puppet 6 provisioning into corporate cloud terraform modules