IoT (Internet of Things) and Industry 4.0
The development of smaller and faster microchips and the upcoming cloud technologies in the 21st century enable companies and industries to collect huge amounts of sensor data in realtime. Almost any product can be fitted with a device to collect real-time data, be it an industry robot, coffee maker or even pieces of clothes, this is the era of IoT, the Internet of Things.
The collected data then can be processed in real-time with advanced event-streaming architectures and analyzed by modern Big Data mining techniques and machine learning.
Especially interesting for industry companies are the possibilities of predictive maintenance and remote control of machinery, as well as the optimized tuning of production parameters and workflows.
We help our customers to harvest the full benefits of the data age by supporting them in all project phases, from software architecture, development and agile coaching to continuous delivery and cloud operations.
Device Insight delivers innovative solutions for the IoT, IIoT and Industry 4.0, connected products, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, augmented reality and edge and cloud services with their IoT platform CENTERSIGHT®.
Thanks to 15 years’ experience, 150 successful IoT projects and 1,000,000 networked devices, they know exactly which challenges companies face when implementing IoT and IIoT projects and can help them realize their vision.
We supported Device Insight in several projects, designing, implementing and testing use-cases based on their core product: the market-leading IoT platform CENTERSIGHT.
You need support realizing your awesome IoT project? Contact us: info ( at ) ecodia.de
These are some projects we did with Device Insight.
IoT Microservice Platform (Java, Spring, Kafka)
We supported Device Insight with the architecture, development and maintenance of an IoT platform solution for an automotive customer. This included the following tasks:
- Concept, implementation, test and documentation of the high load, cloud-native microservice architecture, and different software components
- Setup of a scalable, highly available, microservice oriented IoT platform using Spring Cloud, using Apache Kafka as messaging infrastructure and PostgreSQL as a data warehouse
- Deployment on Kubernetes as Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Supporting the software architecture-team and the developers with the creation of the architectural blueprints, as well as the implementation, test, documentation and shipping.
- Focus on cross-cutting aspects like distributed monitoring, metrics, continuous integration, continuous deployment, DevOps, performance, security, testability and resilience of the different components.
IoT Edge-Device Development (Golang, Ubuntu Core, Snap)
For a customer of the branch industry automation, we developed an IoT Edge Device in order to collect information from a machine park and securely transmitting them to the cloud-based IoT platform CENTERSIGHT.
- Architecture and implementation of the edge daemon service in Golang
- Backend REST-Interface for the React JS frontend application (close cooperation with the front-end developers) (Golang)
- Setup of the device with Ubuntu-Core, packaging using the Snap packaging format
- Network and GSM modem control with DBUS
Remote VR Maintenance using MS Hololens
We supported Device Insight with the creation of a remote maintenance service for a customer from the industrial robotics field.
The service personnel uses the MS Hololens device to interactively communicate with the maintenance experts sitting in a central office. The experts remotely consult and guide the service personnel, thus providing faster and more cost-efficient support abilities.
- Support of the Hololens App-Developers (Unity)
- Implementation in ReactJS
- Real-time communication with WebRTC
Visit: Device Insight for more information.